Do Home Security Systems Work In Athens?
If you’re similar to many residents, you need your house to be safeguarded all the time. but, do home security systems work in Athens?
The easy answer: you bet. But, how do you find the most benefits from your alarm system? Not only do the sensors and alarms bring superior peace-of-mind, the modern devices offer a level of efficiency and management you might not have thought about previously. By getting automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a phone app, you can make a safe smart home.
Let's take a moment and explore why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is the best plan for your home.
Essential Home Security Components
So you can make sure your Athens home security system works to the best of its ability, you need these necessary security components:
- Entryway sensors: You may find this weird, but most thieves break into your house right through the front door. The other most frequent points of entry are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, entryway sensors are designated the base of your home security system. When the system is live and your door or window sensors are tripped, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your round-the-clock monitoring experts will be pinged.
- Touchscreen central hub: Don’t look for unresponsive code pads, as easy-to-use touchpads now manage your entire system. These touch screens will also direct your home automation, home security cameras, and monitoring.
- smartphone app: The biggest home security system allow you manage every segment of your house through a smartphone app. Now if device senses something unusual, you will get an instant text to your phone. Also, disarm and arm your motion alarms anywhere, schedule your smart door locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- Security signs and window decals: While there isn’t tech in a yard sign or a window decal, they do alert a would-be intruder that your house is protected.
Will A Security System Actually Protect Your Home In Athens?
While it could seem like an exaggeration to get sensors installed and download a phone app when you already use deadbolts and reside in a safe town, the studies say that a security system will help protect your home. For example, a study out of Rutger University says that many thieves will actively stay away from homes with a security system installed. They’ll instead look to break-into a better home that looks poorly protected.
That correlated with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized homes do not have a security system. In other words, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than houses that are secured. And while just displaying that your property have an alarm helps prevent break-ins, other things -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your home undesirable to thieves.
Of course, modern security systems can do much more than ring an siren. Now you can add in some needed services that make a security system safe and secure.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup To Your Alarms
Does a security system work in Athens without round-the-clock monitoring? Having a outside experts is always the best ideas and 24-hour monitoring from security agents can make certain the police or fire arrive to the scene faster after a triggered device.
Monitoring professionals will secure your home all day long -- whether you are home or not. If you’re not on site to hear an alarm, the monitoring agents contact you and the authorities after a tripped component. Even when you’re still at home, you won't have to worry about contacting the authorities and make sure kids and furry companions are accounted for and safe.
Get Similar Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, CO, and Medical Emergencies
When you install your security system, you have the option to cover more than intrusion prevention. equipment like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be integrated into your complete set-up. If an emergency is sensed, your sensors will respond just like your security alarms. Specifically, the loud siren goes off, your 24/7 monitoring team are pinged, and an alert will come to your smartphone.
There’s also a panic button, which can be conveniently connected to you or a loved one through a lanyard, bracelet, or a clothing clip. If you have a fall emergency or a medical problem, they can simply hit a two-finger button to notify your monitoring agent.
Find Safety, Responsiveness And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Modern smart home components give you a level of management and comfort you’ve never seen before. They can make your home more energy-savvy and intelligent. And when you link home automation to your security system, they will also make your house much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it seem that your home is inhabited when you’re at work.
- Have your inside smart lights illuminate whenever a outdoor camera sees sudden motion.
- Use geolocation to secure your smart locks, turn off your living room lights, and decrease the temperature when you leave the house.
- Create custom scenes where you can set your lighting levels, smart thermostat, alarms, and other components with a single tap of a button.
- Or just see the status of all your devices and set your devices through your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through automation, and you’ll see how much you can use a state-of-the-art security system in Athens. You can even direct your components with your voice when you connect your security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep An Eye On Your House With Modern Security Cameras
Signs, decals, and smart lights are wonderful burglary obstructions, but video surveillance will take your protection to another level. The worst thing a thief is looking for is to be caught on a video feed as the footage might be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can pick from outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, all which allow you to see live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to check out the sound you heard in the back yard? Would you want to say hi to the kids after school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you need is to open the live feed from your mobile app. You might also get texts on your mobile device whenever a guest comes on your porch or they sees abnormal motion. If you choose, you can chat with guests with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Custom-Build Your Security System In Athens?
Are you looking for help to create a home security system that works in Athens? Our ADT professionals can help you choose the perfect alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be used into one comprehensive plan. Contact us today at (706) 397-7344 or send in the form below.