A Smart Athens Flood Detector Alerts You To Water Before You Have Serious Damage
Clogged drains, corroded pipes, leaking appliances -- these are everyday worries that can cause significant water damage at your property. Unfortunately, these are the types of complications that you discover after the damage has already been done. Even a dripping water line or running toilet can lead to expensive repairs if not addressed quickly.
However, when you incorporate a Athens monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can discover leaks or excess water before you have an all-out crisis. The easy-to-install wireless system warns you to the first signs of water with a high-decibel siren and a communication to your mobile device. Your 24-7 ADT technicians will also inform you when the flood sensor is triggered.
Should I Install A Monitored Flood Detector In Athens?
Nobody wants to walk down the stairs to see that your bottom floor is now a pool of water with your belongings floating on top. Luckily, a Athens flood detector is designed to recognize water problems before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s how you can benefit:
- Sensitive reed switch water sensor: The state-of-the-art alarm detects dripping or standing water instead of moisture in the air -- so it's suitable to use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Place anywhere in your home thanks to wireless connection: The small sensors offer wireless connectivity and a long battery life of 4 years. You can place your flood detector with confidence next to water lines, near appliances, behind toilets or anyplace you might experience a water leak.
- Phone alerts when you're not home: Freezing pipes or intense storms have a tendency to occur when you're away from home. When your Athens flood detector senses unwanted water, it will deliver an instant notification to your cell.
- 24-7 monitoring provides another layer of protection: Along with a high-decibel alarm and phone notifications, your flood detector will notify your 24-hour ADT station. Your monitoring technicians will quickly contact you and assist you as needed.
Smartphone App Makes Your Athens Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Time is of the essence when it comes to water leaks. With the ADT smartphone app, you can access home automation systems and make things easier when emergency assistance arrives. Activating your smart home systems is helpful when you’re at the property, but vital when you’re away from home. With a monitored Athens flood detector you can:
- Get a notification on your smartphone when excessive water is found.
- Open doors from wherever you are and disable security alarms for emergency assistance.
- Increase your home’s temperature to combat freezing pipes.
- Review video footage from security cameras to pinpoint leaks and get an idea of the damage.
- Keep in persistent contact with ADT monitoring.
Your Home Security System With Flood Detection Starts With A Free Quote
Flood detectors and additional home safety devices are all important aspects of a thorough security installation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you reach out to our experts, we’ll assist you in finding the right options to match your property needs. Just call (706) 397-7344 today or submit the form on this page to get a free estimate.