Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Athens?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Athens? Generally, there are three primary areas of your property for video protection: your front door, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Although your provider can suggest where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Safeguard Your Main Entrance
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to casually enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions take place near the front door. You can also count package thieves among other dangers to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is able to handle all of these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you have the ability to converse with any visitors who walk up and ring the bell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you may reply to each instance with two-direction audio and live video and look like you’re home. In the event a person begins doing something criminal, you can have your camera automatically capture footage and transmit it to your cell phone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging task. Luckily, there are a few beneficial recommendations to help ensure you’re defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your Athens residence allow for an impressive field-of-view, letting you see two parts of your property.
- Position underneath an overhang or straight into a bit of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for cameras as they will be partially hidden by your home.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you may know!
- Above a patio or rear door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any brush and branches that might obstruct your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Best Results From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Athens. But the additional flexibility results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight through a window can cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct the lens away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a security camera located in an elevated area will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras above bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera won’t have the chance to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Set your security cameras where children or pets can’t interact with them. You could try mounting or other ways of securing them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best security camera will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to conceal your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Dial (706) 397-7344 or complete the following form to get started.