Here's what our company is doing to keep our clients and employees safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Athens
September 23, 2021

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Athens?

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Athens?

When setting up the nursery, you put together the cradle, covered the walls with a soft, lighter shade, and created the ultimate diaper changing station. The next step is to determine the manner in which you're going to watch your baby sleep. You have the option of going with the standard monitoring choice that allows you to supervise through a connected audio receiver, or you might step up the tech and utilize high-def video feeds, two-direction communications, and instant activation through motion detection.

The higher tech alternative may make you think of cameras included in a modern home security package, but can you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Athens? 

What features do you need in a baby monitor in Athens?

In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You install a microphone-type device on a table next to your child’s bed, which transmits an audio feed to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, some monitors now include HD video and two-way talk. You can also link many monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you are able to roam all over the house. The top baby monitors in Athens are so advanced that they are similar to inside surveillance in both features and cost.

Can you switch baby monitor with an integrated surveillance system?

Knowing that baby monitors and surveillance systems share similar capabilities, you have many people in Athens linking their baby's room to their overall home defense. This approach is beneficial -- particularly when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor will include:

HD video with low-light capability: Your monitoring device should have at least 1080p HD resolution, and infrared LED technology for acceptable viewing of darkened rooms.

Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to soothe your child back to a restful state. Your reassuring words could be all you need to keep them asleep.

Motion activation: Even though it’s possible to have your surveillance system function around the clock to carefully watch your newborn, your own alertness might begin to waver. But if your camera identifies unexpected movements, then you can get a text alert on your phone. Perfect if your child quietly scrambles up the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the nursery.

Save and send recordings: Most baby monitors don’t record portions of video. Now you have the ability to send a brief sample to grandparents to show them what a special, sleepy child you have.

Smartphone access: In lieu of lugging an external monitor with you, you can supervise your little one from your home security app. You could even say hello to your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get a night out.

A security camera baby monitor can be part of a larger smart home

The great part about utilizing a security camera as a baby monitor in Athens is that it will work in unison with your corresponding home automation and security devices. So, for example, if you notice that your baby is struggling to sleep, you can make adjustments to your integrated thermostat from the security app to make it more comfortable. Or when they awaken for their midnight feeding, you can increase the brightness of the nursery’s smart lighting to signal you’re coming. And if you have at least two babies in unconnected areas, you can give each one a camera and monitor the images in the same smartphone app.

An indoor security camera in Athens is an important aspect of your comprehensive home defense plan

Whether you are looking for a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or just want one for your residential protection, start by calling Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint professional will guide you through the available choices and work hard to configure the right home defense package for you. Simply dial (706) 397-7344 or fill out the following form.