The latest residential security solutions are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to do simple security chores like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these tasks again? When you implement geofencing in Athens, you can simply drive off to work and let your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Athens For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter around your house, which you may set up in your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to share information with each other. The technology takes smart home devices further by putting all components onto the same network. You can set up specific boundaries on all sides of your home and designate particular actions when you go past the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you leave your property, you could instruct your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Athens. With the security app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to operate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system detects abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Make your lights switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to set your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Athens
Whether you seek added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (706) 397-7344 or submit the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.