Home security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with an array of features all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools empower you to get the most from home security cameras in Athens.
How To Set Up Your Athens Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your video surveillance at the ideal spots around your home is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a great idea to set a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to pass to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear scene of your porch, driveway, and yards, shed, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places around your home that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the room can impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Athens. The innovations listed below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your smart device the instant strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start filming when activity is detected which will add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your home security cameras to film and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- Two-way audio: The majority of today’s security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with people with the camera. Through ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re home or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and provides a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the opportunity to guard specific locations within your living space.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Athens is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (706) 397-7344 or fill out the form below to get started building your home security system today.