What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Athens
You understand you need to protect your home. Above all else, it’sthe haven where your loved ones live and is where you keep your possessions. But what is the ideal kind of home protection? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Athens and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring organization that is ready to provide help at all times. If a window sensor trips or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring specialists are issued a notification instantly. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t include professional support. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you must act to remedy the situation. This possibility is the less expensive route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Athens
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system on your side is always wise. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your home and its occupants will still be protected.
- Speedier response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll reply quicker to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems may entitle you to a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Better equipment and smooth integration: When you receive tools, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless residents would rather have the job taken care of by experienced experts, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement will be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Athens
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: DIYers may think of this as an advantage as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an added expense. Other people may wish to use a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can install equipment when you want - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you might find integrating into a fully connected system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If a disaster arises, you’re in charge of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’re away from your phone and don’t receive a security alert? This scenario will lead to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No assistance hooking up the system: If you need help during the install, you may have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Athens
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Athens from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the ideal choice for you. Contact (706) 397-7344 today to get started.