Valuable Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In Athens
Deterrence is a critical facet of your home’s protection, and one of the leading ways to keep thieves away from your house is through the use of lights. A well-lit landscape not only looks fantastic, it’s also much less likely to have intrusions. If you would like to upgrade your property’s protection, review these worthwhile tips for home security lighting in Athens. We have a few ideas for exterior and interior illumination that will benefit your family.
Boost Your Home’s Defense And Charm With Landscape Lighting
The proper outside lighting and well-placed video cameras will help immensely in keeping prowlers off your property. Utilize these Athens outside lighting recommendations.
- Ensure access points are covered: Front and back doors are still the most likely locations for intrusions. Ensure those entries are covered but don’t ignore your garage. While powerful motion-sensing floodlights are a common choice for this location, it’s not the only possibility. Rather than blinding your neighbors every time a critter runs by, you can choose less obtrusive lights that stay on all night. Granted, intense, motion-detecting floodlights may ward off unwanted guests, but having a well-placed light that remains on is more likely to keep them off your property altogether.
- Integrate multi-purpose task lights: Those beautiful lights along your paver walkway do more than guide you during the night. They also permit you to see certain spots of your yard you may otherwise not be able to from the inside.
- Add allure and protection with accents: Not only for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are a great way to shine light on locations that could otherwise serve as places to hide. You can put accents in garden beds outside first-floor windows, adjacent to retaining walls, or near shrubbery and trees. These options create a stunning effect while elevating your safety.
- Brighten the outer border: A thorough approach should also address the periphery of your yard. Illuminating your fence, gates, and outer edges of your property will go a long way to discourage prowlers.
How To Boost Security With Interior Lighting in Athens
Home security lighting in Athens incorporates more than outdoor illumination. Your indoor lights are critical in enhancing security as well. Smart light bulbs that can be implemented into your home’s defense are worthwhile for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Set your lights to a schedule and make it seem like the house is inhabited. This is an easy deterrent and a smart approach anytime you’re gone.
- Access from anywhere: If you take a family holiday but don’t remember to set a schedule, you can still turn them on with your convenient smartphone app.
- Connecting to other security sensors: If the motion detector on your outdoor camera goes off, you could have your inside foyer light illuminate automatically. This functionality is another way to deter trespassers.
Deter Intruders Even More With A Home Protection Plan In Athens From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Reinforce your well-illuminated residence with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in Athens allow you to control and automate all types of smart devices, including your lighting choices. Contact (706) 397-7344 today to design a package for your home.